Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wow - He's awesome!

Had a "business" meeting I was anxious about.  I was getting a little obsessed about it and kept rehearsing it in my mind.  of course this made doing anything else very difficult.

So I prayed - I simply told God that I was really tired of  "chewing" on it and that it was distracting me from other things he had given me to do.  I told Him quite plainly that I needed Him to take it out of my mind.  I told Him that I had concluded that it was something He had to deal with because obviously I was not getting anywhere.

The next day and then the morning of the meeting every time the meeting came to mind I found myself distracted away from it to do something constructive - something I could do.

Patti asked me how I was doing and I had to tell her that every time the meeting came to mind I seemed to forget it almost immediately.  it was like nothing I've ever experienced.

I went to the meeting with very little so say - and that I felt very calm about.  I said my "thing" and shut-up.  Once i had said my "piece" I was encouraging and gracious and calm.

What was so very interesting is that when I made my points there was no opposition or argument.  I said what I believed I needed to say and the meeting went on to other things.  that was absolutely un-expected.

Now maybe "my piece" was just ignored of blown-off but that was of no concern to me.  I had a peace and confidence that could only have one source.

Oh, the ramifications of the meeting and "my piece" may be used to injure me but ya know, I really can't work up any true concern about it.  I left the meeting in His hands and he did, in my view, a great job.  so, I'll leave the results of the meeting with Him as well and just keep doing what He hands me to do.

Now I know me well enough to know that I'll find something else to get all anxious about - but I also know that I'll have that meeting to remember and rest in.

Peter's pen is in edit and This and That(s) are in the works - thank you all for at least peaking at the blog - it's a real encouragement.
Michel
ms@tc2v1.com

No comments: