Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Peter's pen 1 Peter 5:12-14


1 Peter 5: 12-14

By Silvanus, a faithful brother as I regard him, I have written briefly to you, exhorting and declaring that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it. 13 She who is at Babylon, who is likewise chosen, sends you greetings, and so does Mark, my son. 14 Greet one another with the kiss of love.
Peace to all of you who are in Christ.   ESV

In closing, two points:

1.  This is the true grace of God.
2.  Stand firm in it.

As I have throughout this series, I highly recommend the works of John Flavel, John Owen, William Gurnal, Thomas Watson and other great Puritan preachers.

I'll also take a chance on a book just published that I haven't read (I am waiting for the digital edition).  It is titled A Puritan Theology; Doctrine for Life.  Right now it is available at a really big discount (print version) at:

http://www.wtsbooks.com/product-exec/product_id/8650?utm_source=A_Puritan_Theology&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cover_image&utm_campaign=A_Puritan_Theology

NOTE:  I finished reading  A Puritan Theology and I highly recommend it.  I also recommend The Marrow of Theology William Ames as a primer in Refomed eoloy, docine and pracice.

God bless and keep you all -- Next series???  Don't know yet.   Any suggestions?

No comments: