Friday, November 9, 2012

This and That 110912


"Preserve my understanding from subtilty of error, my affections from love of idols, my character from stain of vice, my profession from every form of evil. May I engage in nothing in which I cannot implore Thy blessing, and in which I cannot invite Thy inspection. Prosper me in all lawful undertakings, or prepare me for disappointments.  give me neither poverty not riches. Feed me food convenient for me lest I be full and deny Thee and say, Who is my Lord? or be poor, and steal. and take Thy name in vain." Puritan Prayers

My heart aches to carve this prayer upon it.  Oh, how I desire to make it mine and to slowly and deliberately let it, with the help of the Spirit, so alter my mind that I care for nothing but Him and His.

How far have I come that such a prayer seems alien to me?  How far have I to go until such thoughts come to my mind and such words to my lips.  My failure in this overwhelms me and troubles my soul.  I may pray it or the like - but words are words - it is the Spirit in and of this prayer I crave.

Michael "sheepdog" Sanders
ms@tc2v1.com

No comments: