Monday, August 13, 2012

Me 081312 - What a blessed day!


Me – 081312  what a blessed day!

Today has been unusual.  God is – well – really really neat ;-}.

I had the privilege today of having two incredible conversations with two believers I had never met.  They were complete strangers and for one reason or another (long story) they came over and asked if they could talk to me. 

One was a young lady with a heart for missions who was interviewing at Bou.  The other was a gentleman who had just seen me in Caribou several times.

The conversations began simply but quite soon focused on the faith and serving God and how people were hungry for that today.  Actually, hungry for it to be simple – vanilla – not complicated – with no agenda other than Him.  The richness of what they shared was a very great blessing to me.  We are a little distant from one another in some ways but regardless we all have a hunger for the church to just be the church and for believes (that would be ourselves first) to grow in Him.

Now I ask – why did God make this happen?  Certainly it was a diversion from my worries and anxiety but it became so much more.  It was like we had not “just” met but rather like we had “known” one another prior to.  There was a commonality between us that seemed to be the “heart” part of the faith.

Not the mushy, gooey, loosy-goosy kind of heart stuff but real “heart for God” stuff.  I was just amazed by them both and blessed.  Their desire to serve Him was very clear and it was also clear he was working in their lives, leading them closer and closer to finding the how of it.

The question remains, “Why was I so blessed.”  The answer I like is, “Cause He wanted to bless you – you needed it.”  Obvious huh? 

But God never does anything that He does doesn’t have a lesson attached to.  I have learned that I have brothers and sisters out there who are yearning to grow in Him.  I learned that some of my desires and hopes are shared by complete strangers.  I’ve learned that there is a need in the really big body for encouragement and open dialogue.  For sharing a little more intimately than we would with someone we know. 

These weren’t what I would call theological or doctrinal discussion but just a conversation between believing people who want and have a need to serve Him and know Him better.  It was all about Him and our hearts and the hopes and dreams He puts in them. 

In both conversations there was sharing of God dealing with us and us dealing with others “right where they are” instead of where we think or even know they should be.  We talked of the mission field in the world and the mission field in the church. 

It was a blessing to talk with like hearted folks – and I am grateful to Him and them (and to David J. – long story).

No comments: