Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mmmm how about some feedback?


Here’s my -------
Ya know, I had written "vision" but maybe it's really my delusion or even my hallucination.  All I know is that this is how it was done in the book of Acts (kind of - did they have warehouses?)

The faith (The Way Acts 24:14) is not about the church !!!  The church isn't the point!  He is the point and serving Him (gathered together) is the purpose of those He has called out to Himself (ecclesia).

Well - anyway - maybe I haven't washed my coffee cup and there's something growing there that has affected my mind -- regardless --- read on... and how about letting me know what you think.

A great big warehouse (heating and a/c would be nice and a restrooms of course).  But when the church gathers it’s BYOB&C – bring your own Bible and chair.  This is where the church gathers.

Now, when the church “gathers” ;  “ . . . .they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. (Act 2:42)

Wow

What if while they are gathered:  “. . . . all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. (Act 2:44-45)

Uuuuuuuu

Then when they weren’t gathered together in total they gathered together in other ways like:  "And day by day, attending the temple (ok-no temple but there is Caribou) together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, "(Act 2:46)

Kool – really cool beans here

Then maybe:  “. . . .  praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved." (Act 2:47)

Hey Jen' what do you think????

No comments: