Thursday, August 16, 2012

Walk with P and me 081612


Walk with P and me 081612

Today was the first day of the “hours” cut we’re facing.  Of course, cut hours = cut income.  So some decisions have to be made –

Having no “fiduciary” sense what so ever, I decided to let the gifted one in the house have the reins.  Yep – Patti is now our official nickel squeezer.  Patti approved the decision ;-}.

Having made the decision I wrote and Elder to kind of feel him out.  Wow!  He made it very clear that if $$$ managing wasn’t my gift I was nutz to do it and since it is Patti’s – of course she should. 

Two things happened almost immediately.  I became very proud of my wife and very chagrinned at my (former) determined obstinacy.

I wrote a while back about husbands giving their “selfs” for their wives.  I think I did that!?!  I gave up control ( even very poor control) to her.  She will get the “picture” together get with a friend who does $ management and I will follow orders.

How could something that was sooo hard feel soooo good?  Don’t know – don’t care – but I suspect taking a little more air out of my “me ballon” and acknowledging her gift played a big part in it. 

Ya know, I’m slowly and at times painfully realizing that even without all the hot air in my “me balloon,” it still says “Me” and that’s ok.  I’m probably a better “me” without it (No comments from you Sinclair!!!)

That’s the most recent step.  God hasn’t revealed how His providence is working out but we trust that it is working.  

Thank you for your prayers and please continue – they are working!

No comments: